Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Cranberries in SG !!!

The Band that I adore most is IN TOWN!!! The Cranberries!!!!

The cranberries is the band that i really really love. Come to think of it, there isnt much band in the 90s. The cranberries is the one where there's guitarists, drummer and just one Singer. They compose their own songs etc... so they are really a very talented band, isnt it?

I remember listening to their songs during my secondary and poly days. I really love a lot of their songs..... this is the 2nd time they are in town for a concert. The first one was a concert, together with No Doubt. I have no idea of that concert until i watched the review in papers!!! My heart simply sank........ I cant imagine i actually missed that out!!

So now... fast forward to 2011, again, I have no idea they are coming until i checked out some forums. OMG! I missed it and I cannot buy CAT1 ticket with the first few rows of seats...... so i am really debating if i should go CAT1 alone or I should get a CAT2 tickets and asked someone to accompany me. ..... so since CAT1 tix is mostly sold out for the good seats, i decided to go for CAT2. I dont want my view to be blocked and end up seeing heads..... err as in other fans' heads. Ha!


The day has finally come.......


1st Aug 2011
8pm

Almost full! I have only been to one concert before this and this is actually my first paid concert! So i'm shocked to learn from someone who told me concert do not start until 9.45pm?!? My gosh!

But it wasnt long........ before the lights just went off!!! 8.20pm! Concert is going to start soon. My adrenalin is shooting up..... i'm so eager.... waiting and waiting......

Then the concert starts!

The first song..... i can hardly hear Dolores because her voice is drowned by the loud band music. .... so its true when people say Singapore indoor stadium doesnt do justice to singer's performance.... & its true!!! Especially for such LIVE concert!

Luckily for us, things get better soon after. Guess they made the adjustment to it. Great!

I was singing along songs that I love...... Just my Imgination, Animal Instinct, Analyze etc and its not until ZOmbies, Animal Instinct and Dreams that people around me began to warm up. Well, i'm those that warm up real fast because I know most of their songs! I can sing along!

Listening to the band live is really fanastic~ Awesome! I always pay attention to the intro where the band (guitarist, bassist, drummer) comes into play. It feel great listening to them jamming away before Dolores starts to sing!

Doloress!!
How I wish i'm those in front. She changes into just 2 outfits haha. But thats okay! We are here for the live band! We dont care abt her dressing. its her Vocal, the guitarist, bassist and drummer performance that made us feel High!!!!

They also played a few of their upcoming albums.... so we are one of those to listen them live, way before they are released in Jan 2012.


This fellow is really exaggerating. He's using a laptp?!? to record the event. So exaggerating! and hes right in front in the premium seats!!!





Just when the concert is at its peak, it finished....... sobsob Mummyyyyyyyy, its over!!!!

I'm like the few HIGH fans in that area. There's only like 3-5 of us standing up at times... and the others just sit down. The couple next to me, i believe they get their tickets from starhub mobile phone purchase. They are really mild........ just like the fellow that followed me to the concert. He's the one taking these pics. I'm simply too busy indulging myself in the concert.

I read the reviews, yea, sound systems at indoor stadium is not good. Such a waste!!! Dolores has such great vocal. She has her own unique singing style, she doesnt have to copy anyone! but the spotlights, i find them very cool!!! spectacular! Its also good i didnt get CAT1 because i dont think i can see anything on the concert day. Too much standing crowd, i mean u cant expect people in CAT1 to sit right?!?






I'm just so glad I went to the concert. Its one of the happiest time of my life!!!!


Faye Wong actually intimated Dolores singing style. When i told my peers back in the school days, i dont think any of them listened to me or believed me...... until she copied the song 'Dreams'! Totally following Dolores' singing style. THats the reason why I'm not into this song because i've heard Faye's version and it really turns me off.


Anyway, I'm glad that i actually sang along with the rest when Dreams was played. Im shocked i still remember the lyrics!


I'm looking forward to their new album in January.... and i hope that they will open a concert soon in Singapore again. 90mins is way too short. But of course, its tough on Dolores because she has to sing live 90mins!





Pls come to Singapore soon Cranberries! Pls do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment